Yegua Creek farms is located between Elgin and Taylor, TX. We grow pecans and sell pecan products, as well as specialty breads and other baked goods.
Our property is located where the town of Siloam used to be. A building on our property used to be the post office and just across the street were a community well and church. Click here for the Texas State Historical Association's information about Siloam, Texas.
This story is documented on a marker about the name Yegua: In 1690, the Spanish gave the name "San Francisco" to this 62-mile Brazos River tributary. On an 1822 map, Stephen F. Austin, marked it "Yegua" which is Spanish for "mare" presumably for the mustang mares and foals that grazed near the timber lined creek.
Pronunciation: /ˈʝe.ɣwa/ Click here for a Wiki pronunciation page.